HHS’ Office on Trafficking in Persons and the U.S. Department of Justice’s Office for Victims of Crime will hold a virtual resource fair on Housing and Economic Mobility on May 18th from 12-1:30 pm Eastern Time.
This event is a response to the links between housing instability, lack of economic opportunity, and vulnerability to human trafficking, and will spotlight resources, research, and programs addressing the need for sustainable housing and meaningful employment for individuals who have experienced human trafficking.
The resource fair will consist of two panels: Housing Innovation and Resources and Employment Innovation and Resources. Both sessions will conclude with a question and answer period.
Panelists will include representatives from:
- Access Inc
- Freedom Fund
- Freedom Network Training Institute
- Futures Without Violence
- International Institute of Buffalo
- National Human Trafficking Training and Technical Assistance Center
- Preble Street
- Restore NYC
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, Title V Program
- U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration