- This event has passed.
World Day against Trafficking in Persons: The Challenges of Unaccompanied Minors
July 30 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am
After an influx of unaccompanied minors into the United States, the Office of Refugee Resettlement faced a historic number of referrals with over 20,000 children in care in May of 2021. During this Webinar, distinguished panelists will share their perspectives and firsthand accounts of the challenges surrounding unaccompanied minors as it relates to human trafficking including:
- Identification at the border
- Reunification with parents or placement with sponsors
- Cultural and linguistic challenges
- Barriers to receiving assistance
- The vulnerability of unaccompanied minors to human trafficking
The John J. Brunetti Human Trafficking Academy of St. Thomas University College of Law is proud to partner with International Rescue Committee and The South Florida Human Trafficking Task Force on this event. This event is free and open to the public with registration. CLEs pending.