2021 Human Trafficking Academy
October 18 - November 1
In the fight against the scourge of human trafficking in the United States, healthcare professionals remain on the frontlines. Research shows that up to 88% of victims of human trafficking accessed health care during their exploitation. Not only do healthcare professionals have a unique opportunity to identify victims of human trafficking, but they also play a trusted and integral role in a survivor’s mental and physical health during their involvement with the legal system, and in their healing and reintegration in the long term.
This year’s intensive online certification aims to equip those in the field with 15 advanced courses taught by leading experts. Through a pragmatic approach that moves beyond the theoretical to actual hands-on application of skills in practice, participants will gain a solid understanding of:
- Various forms of human trafficking and identification in a health care setting.
- Physical and mental health impacts including best practices for diagnosis and treatment through trauma-informed care.
- Laws, regulations, and ethical considerations including healthcare professionals participation in the legal process.
- Intersections in health and human trafficking such as COVID-19, opioid addiction, and trafficking of persons with disabilities.
- Survivor perspectives, multidisciplinary partnerships, and integral development as a path to healing.
We hope you will join us for this year’s cutting-edge insights on human trafficking though the lens of health care!
Early bird registration fee ends September 10th. Standard registration fee ends October 8th.